Monday, September 10, 2012

Cloud Nothings @ the M-Shop in Ames 9/15


Because I already have a ticket for this intimate space, I'm not concerned about over-publicizing this event... but I am so damn excited for this that I might wet myself and if I keep containing this emotion it might make me explode. Saturday September 15 at the Maintenance Shop, Iowa State's personal venue in the Memorial Union, the Cloud Nothings are going to deliver a great ruckus to those lucky enough to attend (i.e. me).


For those of you who don't know the Cloud Nothings here's a little rundown...

A few months back Stereogum posted the odd video for "No Future/No Past" following the release of the bands latest album Attack on Memory (which is loud, packed full of angst, and driven by speedy, roaring guitars). The album contains some truly genius work and tracks from this 2012 release keep finding their way through my speakers at all hours of the day and usually on repeat.  The band's popularity is growing, in fact The Cloud Nothings have been touring like mad and even stopped at Gabe's in Iowa City this July (to my dismay; stupid work keeps me from being truly happy).

Other key tracks for this album are: "Cut You" (my favorite actually), "Stay Useless" which has a charming cartoon video that sits somewhere between Lord of the Flies and South Park, and the angry and anthemic tune "Fall In".

If you think you can handle the punch these Ohio boys deliver be sure to hit up this link where you can get a live recording from the Grog Shop.

-CK




No comments:

Post a Comment